Client is contracting DCL as a provider of website maintenance services. The minimum maintenance contract is for 1 hour per month. Services not considered 'standard website maintenance' are subject to be charged at the regular hourly rate, and will not be considered part of this contract. Any additional work that is included in this agreement will be charged at the discounted hourly rate. Unused hours do not carry over to the following month.
During the duration of this contract, the Client agrees that DCL will be the sole provider of maintenance services for the website, and no other party will have access to or rights to change the web site. If a party other than DCL makes changes to the website, any errors that are created must be repaired and will be charged at the regular hourly rate. Minor updates should not exceed more than 50% of the content on any single site page, the percentage to be determined by DCL .
Deadlines & Deliverables:
DCL will respond to all maintenance requests from the Client within 24 hours on weekdays and 48 hours on weekends, via email, with a confirmation that the request was received and an estimated completion date for each action item in the request.
Any revisions, additions or redesign Client requests DCL to perform that is not specified in this document shall be considered "additional" and will require separate agreement and payment. DCL shall advise Client on any requested work that falls within these bounds.
What is included:
- Regular Wordpress software, plugin and theme updates to protect against hackers from gaining access to your site.
- Installation and maintenance of WordPress security plugin to help prevent attacks and to scan the website for malicious code.
- After an update is completed we do a quick test to make sure your site is still working, and check on certain functionality to ensure it was not impacted by the plugin and core updates. Most issues can be fixed within a few minutes. If an issue affects your website we will resolve it without additional cost to you. If the fix is going to take longer, we will contact you with an estimate and suggest alternatives, or restore your site to the last backup.
- Daily / Weekly / Monthly off-site backup of the website database and website files. Your backups are stored for 90 days.
- Edit, revise, update or create new minor graphical content. Content and images are to be provided by the Client.
- On-page search engine optimisation such as Meta tags (title, description), image alt tags, h1, h2, h3.
- We’re here should you need us for consultation and advice.
What is not included:
- Changes to the website content including text, images, pages, menus etc.
- Addition of new features to the website or modification of existing features
- Changes to the design of the website
- Installation of new WordPress plugins
- Installation of new WordPress themes
- Repair of website
- Any work required to remedy an issue where an update to WordPress core, WordPress plugins or WordPress themes has been found to cause problems to the overall functioning of the website. This work will be discussed with the Client beforehand and then charged separately at DCLs hourly rate.
We assume you have the licenses for premium themes and plugins. If not, we will ignore those themes and plugins during maintenance.
Client Payment of Accounts
Wordpress Maintenance Contracts and Care Plans are paid annually in advance. Maintenance contract fees are due upfront before any hours of work have been completed.
DCL is a small business and requests that you pay the invoice sent to you promptly.
DCL aims to invoice as close to the beginning of the month as possible, and respectfully request that all payments be submitted within three (3) days of receipt of invoice. Should a payment be late, DCL reserves the right to freeze all work until accounts are settled, and to charge a 3% late fee on the outstanding amount compounded weekly.
This agreement remains in effect until either you or DCL terminate it. You may terminate this contract at any time by providing one (1) calendar month written notice (via email), provided that all payments are up-to-date. Should you decide to terminate this agreement, you acknowledge that no refunds will be given on amounts you have already paid for work that has been completed.
DCL reserves the right to terminate this agreement at any time, for any reason, and without prior notification. Should DCL terminate this agreement, you will be sent a termination notice electronically. This notice will be sent to the email address held on record. On such termination by DCL, you will be paid a refund of all payments made by you in respect of any period later than three months after the date of such termination.