It has been 3 months since I installed and started using Pancakeapp for project tracking, estimates, proposals and invoicing.
After several weeks of research, I decided on Pancakeapp – a self-hosted web application that you install on your webserver e.g. www.yourdomain.co.za/billings or billings.yourdomain.co.za
I am loving this app more and more each day!
Pancakeapp checked all my criteria:
Features I was looking for when selecting an invoicing app
- A once-off license fee. No monthly fees!
- Easily customise invoices and estimates with your own branding.
- Self-hosted providing online invoicing, time tracking, project management and estimates.
- Accessible from anywhere with an internet connection.
Some of my favourite Pancakeapp features and highlights
- Team access.
- Import invoices created in a different app.
- Import clients from another database in .csv format.
- Set your own invoice and estimates numbering format.
- Create templates for proposals.
- Great support from the developer.
- Frequent updates to the software to fix bugs and add new functionality.
- Easily setup recurring invoices.
- Email clients invoices, estimates, proposals and reminders directly from the app.
- Invoice or quote in multiple currencies.
- Generate projects from accepted estimates.
- Create tasks and project milestones.
- Task timers – use more than one tracking timer at the same time.
- Generate invoices from timesheets.
- Save frequently used line items / products.
- Create email and reminder templates.
- Track project related expenses.
- Manage client support tickets.